Executive Research Associate (North America / Canada)
North America or Canada
At SpenglerFox, we work closely with clients around the globe, accompanying them on their journey through an ever-changing economic environment as, together, we clarify their challenges and discover, develop and deploy the talent they need to meet them.
To do that, we work as a trusted independent partner with a clear, strategic vision of your internal, local and global challenges. We pride ourselves on investing in the very best research and delivery capability for our clients whilst staying true to our principles of dedicated, partner-driven, engaged work.
Together, we can then co-create and support Human Capital Solutions that are not just right for your business today but sustainable into the future.
Founded in 2003, SpenglerFox is an international Retained Search and Human Capital Solutions firm. In addition, we also provide Interim Management, Payrolling and Recruitment Process Outsourcing in both mature and emerging markets. We are particularly focused on board-level work for small to mid-sized companies and our Research team is adept at providing Talent Mapping and Pipelining solutions.
As SpenglerFox is growing its business across North America, we are looking to hire an Executive Research Associate on a contract basis. As with many consulting firms, the volume of work is highly changeable. It is essential that we can service the needs of our clients consistently and so have a need to flex our back-office delivery capability. Business is picking up, and in anticipation of this, we are looking to engage with individuals who would be interested in part-time freelance executive search work.
This role will use a combination of sourcing methods to proactively identify and engage passive and active talent to fill current and future search assignments that SpenglerFox handles on behalf of our clients. This key role will support the Executive Search process through sourcing high-calibre candidates, effective screening and interviewing. This role will report directly to the SpenglerFox Director Canada. You will play a critical role in developing and deepening our global candidate pipeline for opportunities across North America, as well as setting the right tone for a positive candidate experience from the onset.
The Executive Research Associate will be a remote, freelance support position for the North American SpenglerFox entity (based in Vancouver, Canada). The candidate has to be based in North America, ideally on Pacific-Standard-Time-Zone. We only operate on a retained basis. We can be highly flexible to accommodate work/life balance and would like to develop a solid long-term relationship.
- Understand Client recruiting needs and job requirements, and advise on most appropriate research actions.
- Self-managed navigation of the research process as specified by the Client needs and search strategy.
- Employ and execute a wide array of self-sourcing techniques, including phone, email, social media, personal networks, and creative sourcing.
- Adapt and maintain sourcing strategies that meet the needs of the business, often adjusting throughout the process to ensure proactive and responsive execution in a timely manner.
- Monitor and provide qualitative and quantitative data to determine the effectiveness of sourcing strategies.
- Conduct first-round telephone/video interviews prior to candidate forwarding to Consultant.
- Provide candidate long-list to Consultant for further (and final) screening.
- Facilitate continuous professional and smooth communication with all stakeholders involved in the recruiting process.
- Assure a high-quality service with a consistent focus on providing an exceptional candidate experience and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations relating to sourcing, hiring practices and data protection.
- Participate in the entire lifecycle of the executive search process, including market research and analysis, candidate identification, interviews, client status calls and client meetings.
- Write, review, and edit selected client deliverables such as position specifications, candidate reports, and status reports. Provide business development support to senior management by performing market research and analysis prior to client meetings.
- Serve as an expert in the research process, including knowledge of research sources, industries and markets, organizational structures, and companies. Utilize publicly available, subscription-based, and proprietary database resources, social media, and other channels.
- Discover innovative ways to identify high potential talent within a given market in addition to staying abreast of market trends, business intelligence, and competitive information.
- Maintain accurate and real-time updates in the proprietary internal database. Promote best practices across the organization.
The ideal candidate has a solid liberal arts academic record, is passionate about research and writing, and has strong analytical skills. The Executive Research Associate will have a consultative approach and is able to work well on a team to execute assignments flawlessly.
Specific required skills and experience include:
- Experienced Research professional with demonstrable understanding of market mapping and a research process.
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience in retained Executive Search within North America.
- The ability to establish priorities, manage deadlines and exercise a high degree of professionalism in interactions with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Experience in interviewing mid to senior-level candidates.
- Excellent communication skills, superior organization, prioritization, self-motivation skills and an ‘eye for detail’.
- Strong computer literacy skills with MS office.
- Ability to think outside the box and perform innovative thinking.
- Must be genuinely interested in learning about people, business and industry characteristics/needs.
- Importantly, must have a high “EQ”. Need sufficient conceptual skills to understand broad industry concepts and analytical skills to “drill down” to determine the depth of experience.
- Works with minimal direction; is a self-starter. Provides meaningful feedback and, when appropriate, offers value-added suggestions for approaching the search differently.
- Must project an understanding and appreciation for Client and candidate information confidentiality and protect it as appropriate.
- Highly organized with outstanding time management and the ability to prioritize effectively.
Together with a full CV (MS Word format), expressions of interest should be directed in confidence to Mr. Moritz Hirche at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will revert to you as soon as possible when we have reviewed your application.